Preschool Foundations for Future Learning
Kinda Kapers implements a preschool curriculum for all children over 2 years of age and children's individual progress and development is documented regularly in portfolios.
Kinda Kapers preschool programs are embedded with 'foundations for future learning'. Children participate in numeracy, literacy, drama, science, music, language, as well as fine and gross motor activities. More importantly, children are encouraged to develop skills in social competence, such as:
- Independence and self-help
- Positive interactions to start, develop and build on friendships
- Confidence and communication
- Sharing and turn-taking
- Participating and understanding rules, routines and fairness
- The ability to function and learn in a group
- Respect for themselves and others
- Empathy and seeing others needs
- Kindness and seeing others points of view
Kinda Kapers values all of these skills, and we are proud of our holistic approach to educating your child.